We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
2. What Information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our e-mail notifications and News Bites e-mail update
3. Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications (relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent to you by emailing us at email@example.com
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
4. Other Disclosures
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
5. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
6. Policy Amendments
7. Your Rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) at any time (in practice, you will usually expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes).
8. Third Party Websites
The website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the content, privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
9. Updating Information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
2 Cornhill (Upper Floors)
Alternatively you can contact us by telephone on 01522 851 760.